Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Lots to Love on Valentine's Day

Our story began a little over five years ago, when on a very cold and snowy Valentine's Day, Alex told me he loved me over a heart-shaped deep dish pizza after just two weeks of dating. Sometimes you just know.

Although we have already lived through many chapters of our story: moving from Chicago to Seattle, starting careers, getting our first puppy (and a second soon after), purchasing a home and learning to become urban chicken farmers, we feel as though each chapter has led up to this next chapter - the expectation of Baby C on July 18, 2012. It is hard to believe how much love I already feel; love for the husband Alex is and the father he will be, and for the new little one that will grace our lives in just 22 weeks.

The last few months have been filled with joy, anxiety and nausea leading up to tomorrow when we find out if the males in the household will outnumber the females (humans at least, I won't count all our wonderful hens in the backyard).


For Valentine's Day, I received the most wonderful gift, a lullaby my mom wrote and recorded for Baby C. Since Baby C's hearing has been developed as of a couple weeks ago, we listened to it at least ten times laying on the floor for ideal audio.

A Lullaby for Baby C, Something Old and Something New
by Judy Robinson (MorMor)

Sleepyhead, close your eyes
Mother's right here beside you
I'll protect you from harm
You're safe in my arms
Guardian angels are near
So sleep on with no fear
Guardian angels are near
So sleep on with no fear

Dear little baby, in your mother's arms
Wrapped secure in our love
You are a precious miracle of life
Sent from our Father above

And we will cherish you as long as we live
We'll keep you wrapped up in our love
For you will come to know the Giver of all Life
Wrapped up in the arms of his love

Dear little baby
In your father's arms
Wrapped secure in our love
You are a precious miracle of life
Sent from our Father above

Someday you'll grow up and you'll leave
But you will still be wrapped up in our love

2 comments:

  1. So excited for y'all! And I can't wait to find out if Baby C is a he or a she :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marie, your words are wonderful. I am so thrilled for you and Alex. I keep picturing Alex with the baby on his back in a little baby holster mowing the lawn and I can see your face beaming, looking down from the kitchen balcony : ) . I love you guys so much and can't wait to see you in a few days!

    ReplyDelete