Monday, April 30, 2012

Sailing through Week 28



I know that many couples spend the weeks and months leading up to birth wondering what their baby will look like or be like. I know that i hope he doesn't have my nose and does have Alex's long eyelashes, but either way he will be the most beautiful baby we have ever seen. Alex and I are thrilled that all we know at this point is that he is healthy and active and already very much loved. On this Sunday afternoon at South Lake Union Park, I got the rare and beautiful chance to see a glimpse of my future child in my husband. An idyllic Seattle Sunday spent on Lake Union in a 115 year old sailboat  and perusing Pike Place Market didn't hold a candle to the joy I experienced watching Alex play with a model sailboat alongside 4-year olds. The blessing in my belly and the gift of this moment is one that I imagine won't be matched until I get to see my husband and son enjoying this activity together. The wonder, joy and delight that I see in Alex will be the same I see in my son, wether he has beautiful eyelashes or not.

The video below of Alex the 27-year-old will never fail to make me smile...

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a wonderful weekend!!

    ♥ Ashley

    atparsons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet post about the love your growing family has! 28 weeks sure looks good on you!

    We have a wooden sailboat in our basement similar to the one Alex is launching that we have been saving your YEARS! It was a gift to John from his Grandpa. Can John come out to play with Alex????

    ReplyDelete